12/7/11

Christmas

I just need to blog about three awesome things! 

One: The night before David's procedure a woman from church dropped off 5 casseroles!  Yes!  I now have dinner for those crazy days!  We've used two already!!!!  I don't know if she realises what a timely blessing she is to my family. She said it was a baby gift!  What a wise wise woman!  I bless her name each time I open my freezer!

Two: I've had to swallow my pride since having David.  Things at home aren't as organized or clean as I would like them to be.  I look back two years and think "what was I thinking when I always thought things were messy and I just couldn't keep up."  Well, we have had a few people stop by the past few months without calling.  For some reason it tend to be Monday mornings or late evenings (our messiest times.) I have taken a deep breath and opened the door!  One of my good friends stopped by this week.  The kids opened the door (knowing who it was.)  I was laying in bed covered with a sleeping David and a nursing Lydia.  She tapped at my bedroom door talked with me and then did my dishes.  Thank you sooo much!  One less thing for me to figure out how to get done and a fabulous conversation!

Three:  A lady dropped by tonight selling Christmas wreaths for front doors.  The was holding a lovely wreath.  She asked if I wanted to buy it and told me a very affordable price.  I told her it was a beautiful wreath. Then I told her that we had just had our 6th baby and things were tight this Christmas, so I couldn't.  After I reiterated that it was beautiful she shocked me when she said, "Let me give this to you."  I of course declined numerous times.  She added "The Lord gives to those who give and I need him to give to me, so I best be giving!"  I have a gorgeous Christmas wreath hanging on my front door, a tear in my eye and amazing gratitude for people like her.  I pray she gets all the blessings she needs!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mary. This made me cry. What great people! I'm so glad you have awesome people around you, and I'm so glad you are writing these experiences down.

    ReplyDelete