12/18/11

Blessing?

We anticipated having family come up this weekend for Lydia's baby blessing. What we did not anticipate was the stomach flu! Unfortunately we had to post pone the blessing. Due to the holidays we may not be able to have her blessed with family present, for a few more weeks! Because Lydia surprised us by being born weighing 10 lbs and having a healthy appetite, she won't fit in to her special white dress for much longer! My mom had the brilliant idea of taking Lydia's pictures in the dress before her blessing day. That way, even if the dress won't button up on the actual blessing day and we have to slip it mostly on and wrap her in a blanket to hid the fact, I will still have beautiful pictures of her in the dress. So here are our fake-out blessing dress photos!







Just so Lydia knows, I had every intention of making this beautiful dress. Unfortunately, I am not that talented. Also, I am blessed with so many other children I lack the time to apply what I do know. My mom was planing to come help me not mess it up totally, but after I cut out the dress and sewed the under slip, it was evident to all involved that I wasn't going to have the time to make the dress. My wonderful mother offered to finish it for me. I want you to know sweet Lydia, that Jentrey helped cut out your blessing dress and went shopping with me and Grandmama to find the perfect fabric. Lots of love and sacrifice went in to each stitch as Grandmama took her time to make it for you. Thank you so much Mom! I'll treasure it forever!














Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love love love these pictures! She looks so beautiful and the dress is perfect. She looks so different than she did a couple of weeks ago! I have no idea who she looks like anymore, except that she reminds me of your baby pictures, Mary.

    ReplyDelete