| DAY AFTER |
Life is looking good! David had a procedure on the 2nd. He had a big time cold but they still managed to do it. They made it so he wouldn't have to be intubated (breathing tube down his throat). Being intubated could've caused all sorts of issues, as it makes the air way swell and irritates the lungs. David did beautifully for the procedure and they were able to remove all the stitches they had placed while doing his cornea transplant 6 weeks ago. Yeah! That means we shouldn't have to do this again!!!
| DAY 4 (showing bruised eye) |
The not so good news we received was that his cornea is trying to perforate (make a whole) in the same spot as it did last time. The doctors are baffled! Why, when you cut out a perforated cornea and replace it with a donor cornea would the doner cornea start to perforate in the exact same place? They have him on more mega antibiotics and placed a contact over his cornea. They hope this will help it heal properly. If it perforates instead of healing we are back to square one..him needing a cornea transplant AGAIN! Why did we not try the contact before the initial cornea transplant?..Oh cause they said it wouldn't work on a baby. Prayers Please!!!
As for little Liddy Bug.. She is doing great. She has a fair case of baby acne. I call her my beautiful little pimple face! She is just so cute! Her nights have been mixed up for the past month but they finally seem to have straitened out the past few days. Hopefully I haven't just jinxed myself with a horrible night tonight!! She still doesn't like to go to bed till midnight but I'm hoping that will resolve soon too. In the mean time I am trying to enjoy the time I have with her when nobody else needs me for anything! I just hold her close and stare at her trying not to let my mind wonder to all the nights I missed with David.
No comments:
Post a Comment