David had his cardiologist apt. yesterday. His pacemaker is working well and hasn't picked up any crazy rhythms. His Glenn is wide open and working well, no narrowing or clotting in his heart. He was able to get off his med for reflux and one of his diuretics. I was able to tell the doctor that David sat up for the first time this week, and last week he started rolling from his tummy to his back! YEAH!!!! David is just blowing us away with his sudden leap in skills! He still screams when I give him tummy time but when on his back he kicks, twists and turns sooo much. He has been so much more active that he hasn't put on any weight. In fact he's lost 9oz. We are gradually uping his feeds to 1200 mls from 880 mls, daily! He'll be a lot fuller! Unfortunately I think once he's 9 mths I'll only be able to keep up with a little over half his milk supply. I don't look forward to having to supplement with formula but he has to eat something and I just can't pump enough for his needs. Most babies at his age are eating real food more and cutting back on milk but since he hasn't mastered eating food he'll just have to have extra milk for now.
David has been on continuous feeds at night since he came home at 3 months. Fortunately or unfortunately his g-button started leaking big time last week. 3 nights in a row he woke up soaked in breast milk because it had leaked out of his button. When I feed him in the day I use a shorter gravity fed tube. I can hold it a certain way and it won't leak. So after nights of David waking up screaming and wet I decided to just wake up feed him instead of using the pump that pumps milk slowly into him all night. He wakes up like clock work at 2 am to eat but wonder of wonders, will then sleep till 8 am without food! We are keeping him off the continuous feeds from now on. It feels so much more normal!
We are so thankful for each moment with our little guy! Hopefully spring will come soon and we'll be able to share him with the world!
I can't wait to see more of little David in person! I'm so grateful to hear how well he's doing!
ReplyDelete